Monday, November 21, 2016

Well I don't know what to title this, so this is it



Hey everyone,

Man that is a bad sign if I can’t come up with an email title already, well I guess I’ll have to work on that. But anyways this week was pretty awesome with lots of blessings and some interesting experiences too.

One interesting experience was when we went tracting last Thursday and we ran in to a Muslim man who invited us in and asked to hear our message.  So we go into the restoration and it seems be going well and when we finished with the 1st vision we paused and he was like, "Are y’all done? I have a few questions for you." So we said that he could of course ask his questions which we assumed were about the lesson... and thus began a 2 hours talk about how Christianity is wrong and Islam is correct. It was an interesting conversation and it taught me a lot about the Muslim religion.

And one of the super awesome blessings this week actually is a repercussion from another blessing about 3 weeks ago. Elder Barron and I had a goal one day to talk to everyone we ran into and hope that there was a reason they were in our path. So we bike over to a good area with lots of people and as we are biking we pass a man fixing a car in the street, and because of our goal we pulled over and started talking to him. He was super nice and right when he saw us we was all like, " Oh Los Mormones." Come to find out he was from Honduras and knew missionaries. So we waited while he finished putting his battery back in the car and all then some other Garifuna people came out because it was their car being fixed. Once the first guy was done he said bye and jumped in his truck and left before we could do anything, so that was sad but then the other Garifuna guy asked us to come teach him about God. We went and talked to him, and just to let you know he looked scary, he was buff with dreadlocks and is covered in tattoos. But anyways we talked for a while and set another time to meet, but it fell through. But then the other day we gave him a call and he immediately was like I need y’all to teach me and bring me a bible cuz I need to change my life. And so we went and talked to him yesterday and he is already on a path towards the gospel. He has stopped drinking, messing around, and partying and wants to be a better man for his kids. He almost cried when we gave him the Bible and Book of Mormon and I am so excited to teach him more and see how he progresses. It just goes to show that you shouldn't judge someone by how they look because everyone is a child of God and anyone can be prepared to receive guidance towards Him.

Quotes of the week,
dialogue that sometimes happens after eating a big spicy meal of Hispanic food

Me: Yo necesito conquistar el baño

Elder Barron: algunos vezes el bano me conquistó

I love you all and hope life is treating you well and Happy Thanksgiving

Banana Tree Flower

Too lazy to go get my slippers in the other room

An investigator with banana trees gave us some

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment