Monday, December 19, 2016

Feliz Navidad



This week I said adios to my companion Elder Barron and sent him off to be a big assistant to the president. And I got my new comp Elder Mccormies, who is from Arizona. He has been in the mission for about 6 months, a month and a half more than me. He is a pretty awesome dude.  We both speak Spanish a pretty equal amount, but we have been able to make it work with our teaching and I can actually speak a whole lot better than I could before this last week.

This week hasn't had a whole lot of craziness besides the transfers, but it is definitely a lot more stressful when you are in charge of the area. But it has been good. We have done quite a bit of finding this week through tracting. I can tell you that the Lord really does guide missionaries in the things they do. There was one experience where we were walking down the street back to our bikes and I had seen these Hispanics outside of their house chilling and partying to music.  I had thought to say hi to them on the way back out, but when we were leaving our appointment and walked past them I thought, nah they are busy and won’t want to listen to us. But then, without even thinking I yelled out to them and they told us to come on over. We talked to them for a while and shared just a little bit about the word of wisdom, since they asked if we drink beer.  By the end of us talking to them 3 of the 4 invited us to come and visit them in their house later on this next week. It was super aweome! I can’t believe that Satan was almost able to convince me to just leave them alone and not talk to them.

I realized just now that I have never born my testimony in Spanish to y’all so I will do that now:

Yo se que la iglasia de los santos de los ultimos dias es la verdadera iglasia en este mundo, y que es la iglasia de jesucristo mismo. yo se que dios envio su hijo para que podriamos regresar a el. se que si nosotros usamos la expiacion podremos vencer todo nusestros tentacions, dificualtades, y sentiremos paz, consuelo, y el amor de dios. yo se que si seguimos los sussoros del espiritu santo cerceremos en nusetro propio testimonio y ayudaremos aquellos que estan necasitando nuestro apoya. este iglasia ha cambiado mi vida completamente en el nombre de jesucristo amen 

I love you all and hope you have a amazing Christmas!

Elder Porter



No comments:

Post a Comment