Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Apenas hablamos el miercoles


Hey everyone, how’s life?

Congrats to everyone who has graduated this year from high school! And I hope everyone has a nice summer.

I just barely emailed this last Wednesday, so there is not much to report for the last few days.  But here are some quick bullet points in things that have happened:

•We had some good lessons with K and her family, where we got to read the Book of Mormon with them a little bit and testify of it. I love how they were all able to really see how much it teaches about Christ, and how it supports and clarifies the Bible. 

•We got fed some really good Honduran soup that had palatano in it; so that was super delicious. I hadn't had soup like that since being in Metairie around a year and half ago!

•We had some other lessons with some of our other investigators and met some new Spanish families we are excited to start teaching.

 •We have entered the last full week of the transfer, which means that in 10 days Elder Johnson will be flying home to California, and I'll be starting my last transfer, crazy how fast time goes by! 

One fun thing that happened this Sunday is that someone in the English ward bought a whole table full of chocolate covered things, and chocolate bats, and said people could have them. So everyone in the building was walking around with a bunch of snacks and all the kids were getting hyper after swiping some chocolate bars when their moms weren't looking, haha it was a very entertaining Sunday.

One thing that I wanted to throw in is something I was reading about in my personal study. I was studying the story of king David and Saul and I saw something that I never really saw before. There was a lot of times when Saul was trying to kill David, and David ended up getting the upper hand and sparing Saul’s life (Like when Saul fell asleep in the same cave David was hiding in). In doing this, and being righteous David helped influence Saul for good, and Saul stopped some of his wicked actions. It made me think a bit about the story of Ammon sparing King Lamoni’s fathers life helped him see how much Ammon loved his son Lamoni and  influence both him and many of the Lamanites to come to Christ. These are two examples of how our Christ Like actions, and our good works can help others around us gain or strengthen their testimonies. Of course our actions don't have to be as dramatic as these two stories, but I have a firm testimony that if we are striving to be Christlike by forgiving others, doing small acts of kindness, and sharing our testimonies, we can help influence all those who are around us for the better. I have seen how people's actions can do this many times on my mission.

Anyways that us all for now, I love you all and I will talk to you next week (:



https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment