Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Fin con un medio de primero transfer



Hola!
Este semana fue bien loco pero Dios bendico nos con mucho tambien! So to start out our investigator Miguel who we were going to have baptized this last Saturday had to change the date of his baptism since his dad decided to go crazy controlling and not let any of their family out of the house to go and do anything! It was crazy, but Miguel thinks this next week we can do the baptism; so keep him in your prayers that everything will work out for him! Also pray that his father’s heart will be softened because he is currently the only thing in the way of Miguel getting what he wants and getting the blessings that come with baptism. 

The second crazy thing that happened this week is that my companion had to leave me to fend for myself with another greenie. The story is that my comp and Elder Clifford’s (the other greenie) comp are the zone leaders for my zone; but they had to be split up so they could both train which usually doesn’t happen. So they both had to go to a meeting with the Mission president before zone conference. So me and Elder Clifford had to go on splits. It was super hard since neither of us know Spanish super well yet. And to make things worse all our appointments fell through, so we had to just go tracting with our limited Spanish. We actually had some success though because one of the doors we knocked on opened and the Hispanic family let us in to teach a lesson. They though it was pretty cool and a little funny that these two white boys were trying to learn and speak Spanish so they listened to what we had to say. It was super rough since Elder Clifford had stage fright and forgot all his Spanish; so it was me trying to carry this lesson about the restoration by myself in Spanish. I managed to stumble through it which was a blessing and the family invited us to come back and teach another lesson.

One super huge blessing this week is that we were teaching an investigator named Sylviano for the third time and we decided to teach about the plan of salvation this time. It was an amazing lesson and he was drinking it up and loved what we said. Then at the end we asked him to commit to being baptized on November 5th and he said yes. And to make it even better I was prompted to ask his daughter Cielo, who had sat in on two of the three lessons but would never talk to us or say anything at all really, if she would like to commit to the same thing and she agreed as well. So now we have three investigators committed to a date which is awesome! It goes to show that the spirit does prepare people to receive the gospel and that when you teach with the spirit amazing things can happen!

The last story for the week is actually about the two pictures I put on this email. I had been needing a haircut for a long time but we had never found a member to do it or time to go and get it done, so last Monday I decided to take matters into my own hands and try to do it myself. At that point it was almost time for bed so the first picture is how I looked after the first little bit of cutting it. I looked like someone had taken a machete to my hair and I was thinking, "I hope that I can get this looking presentable in the morning cuz as of now I may need to shave my head." And miracles happened, with my comps help on the back of my head we got the hair looking at least somewhat presentable. The lesson from this is don’t try to cut your own hair after ten o’clock at night after a hard day of work.

I love you all and love hearing how y’alls lives are going. Some of you have some pretty crazy stories that happened the last two months that are super entertaining.

Love,
Elder Porter
Hair cut - machete style :)

Fixed hair cut :)

No comments:

Post a Comment