Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Ya me voy de La Place



Hey y’all how’s it going?

I found out today that I’m getting switched to another area already! I’ve only been here in a Place for just over a month and I’m already leaving. But I think that the area that I’m going to has a little bit more Spanish than this one does so I’m excited for that. 

This week I had my first crawfish boil, which is a classic Louisiana thing to eat. Just to let you know that even if in Utah crawfish are just weird crap bugs, they are really good eating down here in Louisiana, it was kinda weird having a weird bug looking thing staring at me while I broke it open to eat the meat; but I got past that pretty quickly.

A good experience from this week that we had was from tracting for a bit. We tried to go tracting in an area that the maps online told us had some Hispanics in it after we had dinner with a less active in that area. So we drive over to the streets that were supposedly Hispanic only to find out that it is a giant factory with 0 houses. For some reason factories always show up as Hispanic on those charts. We decided to go and try to hit a few houses that we saw on the way to that area. We headed that way and on the first house we knocked we met a guy named Miguel, who looked Hispanic so we start talking to him only to find out that he doesn’t know a lick of Spanish cuz he grew up in New York, so we kept teaching him, but just in English and it turned out that he was super interested in our message and invited us to come back. It was a good example to me of how God blesses us even when what we plan doesn’t turn out, and at times when things don’t work it is because he wants us to be doing something else that will bless our lives, or someone else’s more than what we had planned would have.

Love y’all and I hope you have an awesome Easter!
Helping at the horse farm.

Crawfish boil





No comments:

Post a Comment