Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Transfers, Poison Ivy, Zone Conference



Hey y’all what is up?

I’m no longer going to be in Morgan City, we had transfer calls last night and I will be in Houma and my new comp is going to be Elder Hernandez; whose family is from Mexico.  He speaks perfect Spanish, so hopefully mine will improve while I am with him. I’ll send y’all the new address I’m going to be at when I find out. 

So this week we didn’t have a lot of success with meeting with people, a lot of them were not available, so that was a bummer. But we did have a lesson with J and R so it was nice to see them before getting transferred. It was an ok lesson, but they are confused on why they would need to be baptized again, even after us explaining it to them.  We planned on going back this next week to clarify things with them, I’ll find out what happens with that from Elder Gee and his new trainee. 

Also this week I found out that I have become a true Louisiana missionary, I now have contracted poison ivy and also fire ant bites; something that almost all Louisiana missionaries get. Haha! We are planning on playing a prank on some of the greenies saying that I’ve contracted a rare disease right after I shake their hands or give them a hug and then I’ll show them the rashes so we will see what happens.  I think it is going to be hilarious.
Also we had a visit from Elder Klebingat, in which he gave us some amazing information about the purpose of the houses of Israel in missionary work, and how we were all chosen specifically to be born when we did, and be where we are now. It was a great visit and I think it motivated us all to be more exactly obedient and to work a lot harder. It over all was very enlightening. 

I hope you all have an awesome week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment