Monday, August 28, 2017

Blessings on Blessings



Hey y’all what is up?  I hear it is that time of year for everyone to go back to school; that is crazy that the summer is already over.  I hope you all have a good time in your classes! Things have been going really well over here in Houma.  I’m really loving it here with the quadship I’m in, and my new companion. We have been super blessed since coming here.  We were able to get 9 new investigators in the few days that we were here; which is a lot more than I was able to get in a full week in Morgan City. So we are being blessed for being here

Also I was super excited this Sunday to see how big the ward was and how supportive they are of the missionaries.  They have a great program going on here where each quorum is assigned to a different set of missionaries; and so the missionaries and those quorums work together on everything. It is super nice to have that kind of support from a ward. Haha but even though this ward is so put together, it still has some things that go wrong that they can’t control.  Like the fact that the gospel principles teacher didn’t show up, and didn’t get a sub. So me and my companion had to teach the class with about 2 minutes preparation.  That seems to happen in most wards though. It was pretty rough at first, but then it got better.  Haha flying by the seat of my pants is something I’m becoming pretty decent at. 

But yeah, I’m loving it down here so far and thus far it seems like Houma will be a little bit easier to open up again than Morgan City was.

Anyways sorry for the short email, I’ll give y’all more details on the investigators we have next week after we make sure they are as solid as they seem. 

Love y’all, have a great time at school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment