Monday, September 11, 2017

Dos siempre tiene una razon



Que pasa amigos?

I hope everyone is having a great time back in school doing the classic school things like sitting at a desk all day trying not to bang your head too hard against it when you don’t understand something, haha just kidding, I know that all of y’all are too smart to have that happen to you (: 

Anyways this week has been a good one, we had some really good lessons and we met some great people, one of the highlights is the fact that the sister missionaries had a baptism this last Friday! They were able to baptize a young lady named Kris that they have been teaching for quite a while now so that was awesome!

We had a great lesson with one of our investigators named J this week and she says that she will for sure read the Book of Mormon and that she will come to church next week so we will pray that she follows through with those commitments. 

Another thing that I thought was awesome this week is that I went on exchanges with our district leader Elder Teare. He is a great guy from California and it was fun to work with him for the day. And during the day when we were knocking some doors we ran into a kid named C and something he said was great when we invited him to pray about the message and eventually read the Book of Mormon when he gets it and he said "why not, I have nothing to lose, if it isn’t true I can go back to my normal life, but if it is true then why wouldn’t I want to have it in my life." and I was all like, hallelujah someone that actually understands  that we aren’t there to destroy their faith; we are there to augment it and they literally have nothing to lose from listening to us. It was nice. 

Final thing from this week that I loved was another one of those moments that was initially a bad experience but ended up teaching a good lesson. We ran into a guy while tracting (lots of stories begin with that phrase) and we met this Spanish guy from Mexico and he let us in to talk with him, we were super excited we had found another Spanish guy. So we teach him the restoration and ask him if it okay to come by some other time to bring the Book of Mormon and he said no.  He told us that he was very, very catholic and he wasn’t interested in changing and he wouldn’t accept a BOM because it would just sit there unread and if it really was as important as we said it was it should be given to someone who will read it and enjoy it. We left a little bit sad cuz it is always sad when someone isn’t receptive to the message, but it did reteach me a lesson that he hit on, that if the Book of Mormon is true and it is as important as we say it is we should always be excited to study it, I know when I was back home I didn’t study it as much, as I should have and so this experience really told me that we should always make time for something that is as amazing and central to our church and life itself, no matter what happens in our day. 

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment