Friday, September 2, 2016

Dos Semanas Mas



Hey everyone,

So two weeks left in the CCM, kind of a weird thought. It seems like I’ve been in here forever but at the same time it has gone by very fast, I guess we will see what the next two weeks bring.

So the last week has been a very good one, we have learned more Spanish (of course) and we can do lessons very well now. I even have been able to memorize a lot good scriptures for the mission, right now my favorites are Ether 12:27 and 1 Nephi 3:7. I love these two scriptures because they apply to me and to my lessons in the CCM. These scriptures bring me a lot of comfort in the mission field because Ether 12:27 tells about how our weaknesses can become strong through Christ, along with the scripture in Phillippians, "Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece" or "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." And in 1 Nephi 3:7 it tells us that God always provides a way for his children to do what he has commanded them. I know that God knows each of us and he knows what each of us need. I know that he has called me to preach his word, and that he will help me to reach the hearts of those I teach and help me to speak the language well enough to do it. I know he will help all of you in your trials as well if you will only ask him with a sincere heart.

Elder Knapp said a very good quote this week, he said, "By the time we all get home we will all be around twenty years old, which means the two years on a mission will be a tenth of our lives or in other words a tithe of our lives since we give a tenth of our increase to the Lord. So while on the mission we are on the Lords time and we are doing the Lords work." When I heard that statement it made me realize that I need to devote myself even more to the mission and not be selfish with my time, I need to give everything and serve the Lord with all my Heart, Might, Mind, and Strength as it says in D&C 4. 

Oh something that was a very good success this week was in one of our lessons; Elder Stoddard and I had to change up what we planned a little and everything went super well. In fact, when we challenged our investigator (who is our teacher acting as someone they met on their mission) to be baptized he said yes. This was awesome because the other three sets of missionaries had gone in and attempted to do the same; but he said no to them. I know we got this answer because we were prompted to go away from the lesson plan and follow what the spirit was telling us and it worked. This shows that what you plan is not always what you should do, but as long as you rely on the Lord he will help you, even if it is only in a practice lesson. 

The sad thing of this week is that we lost one of our teachers Hermano Zamudio. he is going up to the states to get married and then go to school at either BYU Provo or Utah State, so there is a very good chance I will see him again.

I love you all and I’m always excited to hear from you. Keep me updated on your lives so I’m not too behind after two years (; 

Love,​











No comments:

Post a Comment