Monday, September 26, 2016

Mi Primero Semana En El Campo



Hey Everyone!

So I’ve been out in the mission field for just under a week now, it’s very hot and humid here in Louisiana and I think that my shirts will very soon be yellow instead of white... I guess I’ll have to figure out what to do about that so if anyone has good ideas on keeping shirts white let me know. 

So anyways I’ve got a new comp now named Elder Barron (The one in the pic where we are standing in front of a car very awkwardly since I didn’t know who he was at that point, but now everything is good). He is an awesome guy who has been on the mission for about 15 months and I’m amazed at how good he is with Spanish! It makes me super excited for when I get to that point. I’m serving in an area called Metairie which is just outside New Orleans. We have about 5 progressing investigators as of now and I haven’t been able to meet some of them yet since this week has been crazy with the new transfers and also for the investigators too. So one I have met is Miguel who is a 13-year old kid who is on the road to baptism as of now and so we just have to get him ready for that. We taught him and his family on my very first day in the field but it was nice since he prefers English over Spanish, but his mom is 100% Spanish so it was a juggling performance with talking to him in English and then trying to listen and talk with her in Spanish at the same time. But it went well and they were super nice. Right now we are not sure exactly what is going to happen with him though since his dad is very against him getting baptized and they actually fell of the map for a couple days when the father got home from his work. So we will see if he lets them keep coming to church, I really hope all goes well cuz Miguel is a great kid and really wants to become a member.

The second day in the field was better since I got to go 100% Spanish with our investigator Carla, she is an 18-year old who is probably around 4 feet tall but she is very sassy and hilarious. I could actually understand her Spanish too which was way nice.  It was awesome to bring her to church yesterday since she shared her testimony in one of our meetings and it was super awesome! We even had some members tell us "that girl needs to be baptized." Elder Barron and I both agree that we have to challenge her to baptism this week!

One last story is that we had a baptism in our district on Thursday of this last week which was really cool, but when Elder Barron and I rolled in one of the sisters in our ward ran into the hallway we were walking down and yelled, "Fuego, Fuego!" which means FIRE, FIRE. so we chase after her into the kitchen of the church where apparently someone had put full boxes of pizza into the oven to keep them warm and one had caught on fire; and so the sister had put it out. But the entire kitchen was full of smoke so she wasn’t sure if all was well. So Elder Barron and I ran around to make sure everything was ok and fanned the smoke out of the room with our suit coats. After it was all done we all started laughing because of how crazy we had all looked running around.  So we missed seeing the actual baptism but we made a good memory from it.

I Love you all and hope y’all have a great week this week.
With the Mission President and Wife



MTC comp - Elder Stoddard

New Comp - Elder Barron

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment