Thursday, September 15, 2016

Ready or Not Here I Come



Hey everyone!

This is the last time I will be emailing you all while I am in the CCM, it is crazy how fast it has gone by. It seems like I’ve been away from home forever but at the same time it doesn’t feel like I should actually be leaving to the field yet. It is truly amazing that only six weeks ago I came to the CCM and I didn’t know any Spanish, I didn’t know how to make a lesson for investigators, and I didn’t know many scriptures that could be used to bless lives; and now I have/can do all three! I know I didn’t get there alone and that God has been guiding me and sending angels to help me grow in the ways I needed to properly serve him in my mission.

So an update on who is now in the CCM; there are quite a few kids from Davis here and one from Layton I know and one from Viewmont. The Davis guys are Erick Thompson, Conner Child, Josh Day, and Lancen Lappin. The Layton one is Austin White, and the Viewmont one is Brixton Call. All of them are doing super well from what I’ve talked to them about and are having a good time in the CCM.

So this week has been pretty dang good. On Sunday we heard from Elder Ballard and it was a very good talk. He started out by telling us that he had not prepared a talk because he wanted the Lord to guide him in what he said. It was super cool because he mentioned that we have to be uncomfortable to grow as missionaries; which was awesome because just a few hours before we were in our District Meeting and we started discussing how we all need to keep pushing out of our comfort zones so we can keep progressing as quickly as we were at the beginning of the CCM. As he talked I could tell that what he was saying applied to me and my goals almost exactly, which was a huge blessing and a testimony builder that we do have modern day prophets who guide us and receive revelation from God that will help us to live more like God would like us to live. That is one of the major blessings of the Gospel.

Sorry for such a short email, I’m sure the next one will be pretty long since Louisiana is going to throw things at me to make me grow even more in testimony and closeness to God.

I hope all of you are well and having success in all you do. I pray for all of you every night.

Love you all!!

Love,
Elder Porter
 
Elder Brady's Birthday Celebration



No comments:

Post a Comment