Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Service, talk, transfers


Hey everyone,

This week was a little slower, we did get to catch a few of our investigators like J and P, but for the most part people were a little flakey.  We did get the chance to teach two new  Honduran men though! Their names are G and A, we had met them a few weeks ago, but this was the first time we were able to make contact with them and teach a lesson. 

Oh and something else awesome, I got a call from the missionaries that are teaching one of our old investigators who moved (the one with the cockroaches) and they told us he is going to be baptized the 12th of May!

So this week was transfers and I'm getting sent back down to New Orleans! I'm going to be in downtown NOLA with Elder Johnson who is one of my old companions! I'm one area over from my very first area in Metairie so I’m super excited for that and I’m in the same ward I was serving in back then as a greenie missionary, I’m pumped!

We had some fun service again this week, but it wasn't gross this time so don't worry. We went out to an animal shelter and got the chance to walk and play with some of the dogs, it was super fun and the dogs were all so sweet and nice. 

This Sunday was fun because I had to do a talk, and it is crazy to think that this is only my third talk on my mission! I mean technically I have done like over 100 talks since I've translated all of them for the Spanish folks, but it was only the third one I had to write. And it went really well! I talked about the missionary purpose and why it is so important for all of us as followers of Christ to follow his command and spread the gospel to every nation and do as he told Peter "feed my sheep.” But the talk wasn't the part of Sunday I was worried about, it was the fact all us missionaries had to sing in the meeting! But that also went well, so no issues there.

Another fun thing that happened this week is we got the chance to visit the church of some people we do service for, it was an apostolic church. And let me tell you, those guys are so friendly! They made me realize we really need to be kinder and more inviting in our wards to the new comers. It was a fun time with them cuz they sing and dance in their meetings, and also speak in tongues (which was interesting and a bit weird, but if you want to know more about that shoot me an email). But we did meet a lot of good people during the meeting and might go out to eat with a few of them and see where that takes us (:


Anyways that is it for the week, I now just need to pray it doesn't get too hot cuz my new area is a biking area! Love y'all, I hope you have an awesome week!





















No comments:

Post a Comment