Monday, May 7, 2018

SPANISH WARD!


Hey everyone,

This week so far has been a little bit slow, there is not much work here from previous missionaries, so we are in that building phase where we are going to be trying to find new people to teach so we can build up the teaching pool.

The new house I’m in is super nice and big compared to all the other places I’ve been so far, haha!  We do have some crazy neighbors next door that argue all the time about the son stealing his moms phone, and all her food, ect. Haha! It is a bit entertaining.

It was super awesome to be able to go to the Spanish ward this week! I have missed the opportunity to have church in Spanish and not have to translate from English to Spanish....... but I had to translate from Spanish to English this time around; so translation still happens. haha the problem was that halfway through we realized the equipment is broken, and no one was able to hear my translating, haha!  I guess we got to order some new equipment haha. I was super surprised too when I went to the ward again that a lot of people remembered me! It has been about 15 months or so since I was down here, so I thought that people would have forgotten a poor greenie that didn’t know Spanish.  It was nice to come back and actually be able to understand everyone, and have real talks with a lot of them. It also freaked me out how all the youth in the ward have gotten a lot taller and older. There was a kid that used to be a foot shorter than me, and now he is has tall as I am, so it is crazy! And two kids that were in high school are now graduating and getting ready to go on missions!!! It was nuts.

Anyways that is it for this week. I hope y’all have an awesome end of the school year!
 
Kenny
People we met while tracting

No comments:

Post a Comment