Monday, July 9, 2018

Last Zone Conference, 4th of July, and wouldn't you know ... more tracting


Hey y’all how is life?

Wow, I can’t believe that I’ve already gotten this far, I only have two more times to send an email to all of y’all. It is crazy!

This week I had my very last zone conference! It was so surreal to be sitting there for the last time with all the missionaries here in the NOLA zone. I have spent 19.5 months of my mission down here in this zone. In our mission we let the missionaries that are going home bear their testimony in front of the zone, we had around 16 or 17 different missionaries going home this transfer just from the NOLA/Slidel zones. It was weird to get up and bear my testimony to everyone in the chapel, because I can still remember my very first time hearing missionaries bear their testimonies in ZTM. I remember thinking how experienced they were, and how amazing it was that they had served the lord for two years; at that point I only had 2 weeks in the mission, so I never thought I would get to the point when it would be me up there saying goodbye. But just like everything else in life, it crept up on me and now I’m at 2 years instead of 2 weeks. It was pretty hard to say goodbye to everyone, but I know I will see most of them again and I can’t wait to hear the miracles that continue to happen in this mission. Haha I think I am getting ahead of myself, I still have two weeks but I’m talking like I’m going home tomorrow. 
😂  
But anyways, another thing that happened this week is that we got to celebrate the 4th of July with the branch president in the English ward. We were able to go over to his house for a good BBQ where we had the most American food you can make.... the good old combo of a hamburger and hot dog. Haha, the only struggle was that Elder Bautista (we were on exchanges) and I had gone out to an all you can eat Chinese restaurant with some members we did service for, just about an hour before the party. So needless to say, by the end of that and the party we were completely stuffed. Sadly, we didn’t get to see any fireworks, but maybe that is for the best, I think there is more than one fire pyro over here amongst the Westbank Elders.

This week we have had some really fun lessons with a few of our investigators, and we have been seeing some good progression. A few of them are reading the Book of Mormon and praying, so we hope for more news with them in the future. It was funny when we were teaching one of our investigators named D because she was freaked out a little bit about the stories we told her about the Book of Mormon answering our prayers, and how we knew they were answers from God. She thought it was super amazing that God spoke to us through people that lived thousands of years ago. But she committed to reading and finding it out for herself, so we are excited to follow up with her.

Haha and then, just like other weeks, we had a ton of tracting that we have been doing. Haha it is a good thing that I’m starting to actually enjoy tracting a little bit (I wish I had liked it this much  earlier in my mission, but what can you do) otherwise I would be 6 feet under just like that frog pic I sent.

Anyways I love you all and I hope you had an awesome 4th. Talk to y’all in a week!
Sister Busto

Sister Robinson

Elder Wilde

Elder Jones


Elder Davis

Elder Woody

Elder Flores

Elder Myers
We found the scene of a frog burial while tracting



No comments:

Post a Comment