Monday, July 2, 2018

tracting......tracting.....and more tracting


Hey y’all hows it going?

Things down here are going by so fast! (even with all the tracting) I can’t believe that it is already July.  It is freaking me out to receive emails from a bunch of my friends that are hitting their last weeks! It just goes to show that time goes by way too fast!

Haha so as you can already tell from the title of this email, we did a tone of tracting this week since almost all of our set appointments fell through! When per usual here in the Westbank everyone we tracted into was busy doing something else if they were actually interested (or busy doing really nothing if they weren’t) We have a ton of return appointments for this week haha. The nice thing is we were able to get a few new investigators out of all of it. I believe it was just little nuggets from God that he gave us, to keep us from getting tired, like right when we were about to run out of ideas he would always just drop some random person that we could teach so we would get excited again. One of these people was a guy named R. We were able to get into a pretty good conversation with him and have a good restoration lesson with him. Then at the end of the whole thing we asked him if he would pray to see if it was true, and if the answer was yes, if he would be baptized and he accepted. So we will see how things go with him this week! 

We also had another experience when we were in Walmart to pick up a snack one day while we were biking around. We got stopped by man who (like a lot of people) thought he knew a lot about the LDS church, most of which was very far from the truth. After he talked to us for a while and told us that we were in the wrong path, and that we should get out of it and pretty much deny the church, I testified to him about how I knew I was in the right path, doing exactly what God wanted me to do at this time in my life. I testified about how there was no way I would be willing to give up two years of my life for something that I wasn’t sure was the right path and that I hadn’t first asked God about. After doing that he stopped telling us we were in the wrong path but switched to telling us that we needed to hold strong to our faith, cuz people would try to make it so we didn’t believe in Christ anymore, and if we truly believed we were in the right path that we need to hold tight to that. It was pretty cool to see how just a simple, few second long testimony could change the outcome of a conversation. 

That is my testimony for everyone, hold tight to the rod, to that path that we have been given by Christ through his restored gospel. And I know that what that guy said about people who will come and try to shake our faith, but if we are firmly planted in the gospel no amount of buffeting will be able to destroy our relationship with God and the knowledge we have of him. 
I love you all and I hope you have an awesome week!
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment