Monday, July 16, 2018

You couldn't have waited 2 more weeks? -my mom


Hey yall how are you doing? Haha as you can probably tell from the title of the email (or if you have seen my mom’s facebook post) you can already tell that this was a pretty interesting week.

First things first, what the heck happened to my head......... well on Tuesday nights we have a sports night at the church where we invite our younger investigators, the youth of the ward, and less actives to come and meet with us and play some basketball, volleyball, or soccer. This week we decided to do basketball. We were playing for a little bit and having a grand old time, when my comp got the ball and I decided it would be a good idea to run and try to steal it from him. When I got to him, he darted away from me and our legs got tangled, and I fell headlong into the wall that had some wooden boards sticking out of it as some sort of permanent decoration I guess. Just my luck I hit right on the corner of it and split open my forehead. After gushing blood for a bit and putting pressure on it (head wounds bleed a ton y’all!) we finally got a towel on it and I was off to urgent care. I called the mission medical guy and President Varner to see what to do and they gave me permission to ask my mom about our insurance.  I called up my mom and had to have the awkward moment of being like, "hey mom...... this is Britton.......... do we have insurance for head injuries?" That is when she said the quote that is the title of the email. Ended up that I didn’t have a concussion or anything, but I had to get 5 stitches in my forehead, so im going to have a nice scar for my brother’s wedding (: (sorry Drew and Coral) 

Another fun story from this week was when Elder Hansen and I were doing weekly planning in the parking-lot of Walgreens this week. We looked up across the street just at the right moment to see a lady driving away from the pump with the nozzle still in the car, and she ended up ripping the tub off the pump with her car, then she stopped, pulled out the nozzle and put it back on the pump, stared at the pump for a minute, then jumped into her car and sped off. I think the best part is we went into the gas station to tell them what had happened, and they told us that happened like once a week!!! I was so surprised by that!! 

Ok on a more spiritual note we have been having some good success this week.  We were able to find 3 new investigators that were all pretty solid, all of them love God, and loved the message we shared with them. One of them, D,  was so excited to study about a modern day prophet that he had us pull up lds.org on his phone and try to download gospel library, so that he can study the words of President Nelson and also start reading the Book of Mormon. It was pretty cool.

Also an update on our investigator R, we had a bomb Book of Mormon lesson with him the other day and he said he loved how simple the purpose of the book really is. After everything was said and done, we asked him if he would be willing to set a baptismal date, he accepted and he is now on date to be baptized on the 15th of September. So the work here in the Westbank is going pretty well (:

I love you all, I can’t believe this is my last full week as a missionary! I’ll see y’all soon.
Day after incident wound

What it looks like now

Dinner with Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment