Tuesday, January 16, 2018

New church leaders, regional broadcast, N



Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

Things are going well for us here in Lafayette, we have been having fun teaching and getting to know the area and members. There are a lot of great people here. 

One of the highlights, but also sad things about this week, is that I was able to watch the funeral for President Monson, it was a great event, and I loved to hear all the talks. We are going to miss that amazing man; but I know that he is where he wants to be, which is on the other side with his wife. And I am very grateful for this church and the fact that there is a succession of prophets and I know we will be guided well by our new prophet President Nelson. 

We had a great Sunday this last week and had the opportunity to hear from Elder Bednar.  He gave a talk about repentance and the importance of it. One of my favorite lines in this was when he stated that repentance is not true if you do not feel a desire to become more like Christ as you go through it.  Just changing a behavior is not enough. I thought that was very cool seeing as we are using Christ’s own sacrifice to repent, and the whole purpose of us on this earth is to become more Christlike. 

We also had a lesson with a man named N this week. He is a nice guy that only recently was released from jail, he is a super great guy and he loves Christ. He was actually watching a movie about Christ when we showed up to his home. And his sister is also interested in hearing our message so we are excited to work with them.


That is the week, I hope y’all have a great week.
Random Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment